Monday 25 February 2013

Quad Easel Card

When I get emotionally involved while making a card, the result is always great. I always believe that no one but yourself can be the best critic of your work. And when my heart feels wow, am exhilarated.

So a friend of mine was leaving for USA for a long period. She wanted to gift something special to her mom. She asked me to make a "Nice" card for her. She told me she loves peacock blue. After some head scratching over various colour combinations, I finally gave up and decided to make a colourful card. After all, every lady loves bright colors!!!! When you decide to make something big and have limited time, you have to burn the midnight oil.... and that is what i ended up doing :) But had fun nevertheless!!!

So this is the Quad easel card I came up with....






This is the closed view.
This is the top view. I added the peacock blue colour at the base and paired it up with yellow :) Sometimes when u start making the card, color combination comes to you by itself
 Easel 1- a simple sticker of winnie the pooh..

Easel 2-  I found this pic dam cute and decided to include it in the card. Its my friend with her mom. The pics of 1980's give a vintage look to the card and make u want to hold on to that memory!
Easel 3- A little poem I made up to show importance of mom in daughter's life. The red flowers are made using the tiny balloon punches
Easel 4- This is my friends childhood pic. She looks sooo cute. I had to use this one!! The childhood pics often bring out some lovely emotional sentiments.


I was hoping and praying that her mom loves the card.... And she really did! my efforts after all were rewarded. :)
Please do leave back your feedback and comments....

Linking it to:
Itsy Bitsy pattern paper challenge
Lulupu: splash of colours
Challenges 4 everybody
corrosive challenges:rainbow bright
Dream Valley Challenges:Ribbon and bling
GingerLoft Challenge: bows
Glitter and sparkle
Joanna Sheen Challenge:layers
Pan PastelUK: Birthday
Sweet Stamping: for Mom 

5 comments:

  1. I agree with you Bijal something made with love makes one feel so happy.Your card is so cheerful and yes I dont like to be restricted by colors or themes either..sometimes it hinders creativity if you have to follow a particular scheme!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u ma'am...am working on a card inspired by ur tutorials :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing this fab card with us and good luck! Laura (Joanna Sheen DT) X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey this is a beautiful card,,love the variety of elements u have used !!
    thanx for ur warm words on my blog,,happy to follow u :)

    ReplyDelete